What is HUDWAY Drive?
HUDWAY Drive is a portable heads-up display for everyday commute:
- Keeps you connected in a less distracting way: speed, navigation, calls, notifications, or music info on a translucent screen right in front of you.
- Works with any navigation app by screen mirroring: Google, Waze, or any other maps you want to use behind the wheel.
- One-time quick setup: stick the device to the dashboard and pair it with your smartphone via bluetooth. Next time everything will connect automatically as your wireless headphones.
- Designed to merge with your dash: flexible mount allows to install the Drive in most cars.
When the Drive is connected to an OBD-II scanner, it gets vehicle data and shows it on the screen as widgets, such as: RPM, voltage, fuel level, and so on.
Designed to fit most vehicles
HUDWAY Drive features a versatile design that allows you to fit it on almost any vehicle's dashboard. However, there are exceptions. Some models have a windshield that is too slanted for HUDWAY Drive to fit in with its lens open at the full 90°.
We suggest that you try out the paper device mockup in your car first. Download it, print, cut out, and take to your car.
Here are the cars where we tried HUDWAY Drive and it didn't fit:
- Audi A3 / S3 (2013–2020)
- BMW 3 Series (2005–2011 and 2011–2019)
- BMW 4 Series (2020–2022)
- Chevrolet Camaro (2010–2015 and 2016–present)
- Honda Civic (1995–2000, 2005–2012 and 2011–2017)
- Honda CR-V (2017–present)
- Honda HR-V (1998–2006)
- Honda Insight (2010–2014)
- Honda Ridgeline (2006–2014)
- Infiniti Q70 (2013–2019)
- Jeep Wrangler TJ (1996–2006), JL (2017–present)
- Lexus LX (1998–2007)
- Lexus RX (2004–2009) / Toyota Harrier in JP
- Mazda 3 (2009–2013 and 2014–2018)
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class (all generations)
- Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (2011–2020)
- Mitsubishi Lancer (2008–2017) / Galant Fortis in JP, Proton Inspira in MY
- Peugeot 3008 (2016–present)
- Renault Megane (2009–2017)
- Fiat 124 Spider (2017–present)
- Fiat 500X (2016–present)
- Toyota Corolla (2002–2008 and 2007–2013)
- Toyota Prius (all generations)
- Toyota Previa (2000–2005 and 2006–2019) / Tarago in AU, Estima Aeras in JP
- Toyota Tundra (2000–2006)
- Volkswagen Passat (2014–present)
You can learn more about installing the device in our Help Center.
What's in the box?
- HUDWAY Drive heads-up display
- Power mount
- USB to Micro B cable
- Cable clips
- Bluetooth OBD-II scanner
- Power adapter to cigarette lighter
Does it block my view?
HUDWAY Drive doesn't block the view in front of a driver since it's located a bit below the line of sight and its lens is translucent (almost transparent). The image from the app you stream is like floating on the line of view very comfortably.
H: 4 in (10 cm), W: 6.3 in (16 cm), D: 7.3 in (18.5 cm)
For better understanding, visit our Help Center article. You can refer to the pictures there and print a cut-out template to make sure it fits the dash. Please note, that we also have a list of incompatible cars due to the configuration of the dash and windshield angle.
How is it connected to a smartphone?
The main interaction way with your smartphone is BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). It works with our proprieatry HUDWAY Drive app only. Alternatively, you can opt for a mirroring mode via WiFi and see your phone screen as is. More details here.
HUDWAY Drive unboxing
HUDWAY Drive + thermal night vision camera
Reviews Hide Reviews
The device is good
I really like the speed and OBD-II widgets, but have suggestions for the software: I'd like more styles of display and the ability to choose the color of all display elements.
I'd like to have the ability to natively use other apps (no mirroring).
The image quality is excellent, however, the viewing screen needs to be a bit larger for me to be able to see everything all at once. I have to lean forward a bit to see the time and temperature below the main speedometer in the center because it is blocked by the image generator at the front.
It's perfect clear and visibility. Love it!
Installation is not too hard but I will suggest to add some trim available in the base/Hudway, because in some car (like my Suzuki S-cross) the middle point of wheel to dashboard is not level (a little tilt), and it is really hard to done absolute straight sight line in single shot. Just a little trim availability will make it perfect. Also I would like to have a official dust-proof cloth cover if possible.
It was a little tricky to figure out how to remove the Hudway device from the included base. It took my a few tries before I figured out how to pull and twist it off which I don't remember being superclear in the instructions. The projection is really good, a little "oil spill" effects is visible in the top and sides of the screen but that isn't anything that is really bothersome. I had my brother in law try it out and he said he really likes it (he is driving a Honda accord with built in HUD but he liked your solution).
I think it works like a charm! :)
I don't know, it this applies to others as well, but I would have preferred to have the double sided tape from the mounting hardware as a separate and maybe even a spare. Otherwise, it all worked perfectly!
I am following up on my use of HUDWAY Drive. I have finally had a chance to install and use it for a couple of weeks. It does work awesome! I love the navigation and the OBD connection is great. The only issue I have had deals with the mounting of the Drive. First, more detailed instructions would be very helpful! Second, my dash slopes up towards the steering wheel. I could not find a placement of the mount where I didn't lose part of the screen view due to the angle of the slope. An include optional wedge for the mount would be helpful! Just some thoughts! Overall VERY pleased with the product!
After a week of use Ive finally settled on how I feel about the whole hudway set up. Its definitely something I would get if I had to get a different car. the OBD2 is the only sore spot for the device as it does not really work as of writing this. that being said everything else works great. I recommend using the camera systems along with the main hud unit for a better experience.