What is HUDWAY Drive?
HUDWAY Drive is a portable heads-up display for everyday commute:
- Keeps you connected in a less distracting way: speed, navigation, calls, notifications, or music info on a translucent screen right in front of you.
- Works with any navigation app by screen mirroring: Google, Waze, or any other maps you want to use behind the wheel.
- One-time quick setup: stick the device to the dashboard and pair it with your smartphone via bluetooth. Next time everything will connect automatically as your wireless headphones.
- Designed to merge with your dash: flexible mount allows to install the Drive in most cars.
When the Drive is connected to an OBD-II scanner, it gets vehicle data and shows it on the screen as widgets, such as: RPM, voltage, fuel level, and so on.
Designed to fit most vehicles
HUDWAY Drive features a versatile design that allows you to fit it on almost any vehicle's dashboard. However, there are exceptions. Some models have a windshield that is too slanted for HUDWAY Drive to fit in with its lens open at the full 90°.
We suggest that you try out the paper device mockup in your car first. Download it, print, cut out, and take to your car.
Here are the cars where we tried HUDWAY Drive and it didn't fit:
- Audi A3 / S3 (2013–2020)
- BMW 3 Series (2005–2011 and 2011–2019)
- BMW 4 Series (2020–2022)
- Chevrolet Camaro (2010–2015 and 2016–present)
- Honda Civic (1995–2000, 2005–2012 and 2011–2017)
- Honda CR-V (2017–present)
- Honda HR-V (1998–2006)
- Honda Insight (2010–2014)
- Honda Ridgeline (2006–2014)
- Infiniti Q70 (2013–2019)
- Jeep Wrangler TJ (1996–2006), JL (2017–present)
- Lexus LX (1998–2007)
- Lexus RX (2004–2009) / Toyota Harrier in JP
- Mazda 3 (2009–2013 and 2014–2018)
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class (all generations)
- Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (2011–2020)
- Mitsubishi Lancer (2008–2017) / Galant Fortis in JP, Proton Inspira in MY
- Peugeot 3008 (2016–present)
- Renault Megane (2009–2017)
- Fiat 124 Spider (2017–present)
- Toyota Corolla (2002–2008 and 2007–2013)
- Toyota Prius (all generations)
- Toyota Previa (2000–2005 and 2006–2019) / Tarago in AU, Estima Aeras in JP
- Toyota Tundra (2000–2006)
- Volkswagen Passat (2014–present)
You can learn more about installing the device in our Help Center.
What's in the box?
- HUDWAY Drive heads-up display
- Power mount
- USB to Micro B cable
- Cable clips
- Bluetooth OBD-II scanner
- Power adapter to cigarette lighter
Does it block my view?
HUDWAY Drive doesn't block the view in front of a driver since it's located a bit below the line of sight and its lens is translucent (almost transparent). The image from the app you stream is like floating on the line of view very comfortably.
H: 4 in (10 cm), W: 6.3 in (16 cm), D: 7.3 in (18.5 cm)
For better understanding, visit our Help Center article. You can refer to the pictures there and print a cut-out template to make sure it fits the dash. Please note, that we also have a list of incompatible cars due to the configuration of the dash and windshield angle.
How is it connected to a smartphone?
The main interaction way with your smartphone is BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). It works with our proprieatry HUDWAY Drive app only. Alternatively, you can opt for a mirroring mode via WiFi and see your phone screen as is. More details here.
HUDWAY Drive unboxing
HUDWAY Drive + thermal night vision camera
Reviews Hide Reviews
Hi there, I just unboxed the device - really great! Mounting is quick, Installation easy and my first driving experience is just fine! Some minor weaknesses for the mounting plate (at low rpm`s it is a bit shaky but readability is still ok) - the device itself is really great! The IOS software works well (hopefully in German in the future...) I will now start to play around with a mount for my bike. let’s see what the result will be... Thanks for the product! Kind Rgds. Till
Nice product with some flaws: 1) Indicates a positive speed reading when a car is standing still 2) No automatic disconnect of the device. You have to make two actions in a mobile phone each time You leave Your car if You want Your spouse to be able to connect to the device
Excellent product. Easy to install on the dash. It connected to the smartphone and ELM dongle very quickly. The app is intuitive and user-friendly. Thanks to developers of HUDWAY Drive. They also have support and Help Center.
I like very much design and how built up. The packaging was brilliant too. Very curious and try it out in my car.